|The Phillies held on to take 2 of 3 |
|National lampooning of the Cardinals|
|Apparently, the place to be this past|
week at Miller Park
This week's forecast:
|Please don't make Bill Mazeroski|
- Braves: 3 more at home vs. Colorado, then 3 on the road in New York. If the Braves want to make a statement, it would be to seize & handle these 6 "winnable" games. In need of a good kick in the butt: Jason Heyward is 3 for his last 25 with 2 doubles, no HR, & zero RBIs.
- Cardinals: Their next 5 are all at home vs. the Mets (2) & Brewers (3). If there was any time for St. Louis to make some distance, this week is it.
- Pirates: 2 more at home vs. Houston and then 3 hosting the Cubs. That's 5 home games vs. 2 teams that have a combined record of 93-176. Paint murals on the clubhouse hallways of Willie Stargell, Dave Parker, Bill Mazeroski, Doug Drabek....hell, even Kent Tekulve & his bus driver glasses (and a WS Ring), ANYTHING to get these guys motivated.
- Dodgers: 2 more at home vs. San Diego, then a trip up the PCH for a huge 3-game series in San Francisco. They have the scariest mid-September schedule as Sept 7th through Sept 23rd puts the Dodgers against the Giants, D-Backs, Cardinals, Nationals, & Reds....Mommy!
- D-Backs: 2 more at San Francisco and then 3 in San Diego. After that? They face the Dodgers & Giants again. Tough stuff. It would surprise me to see Arizona still mentioned among the wild card hopefuls in the next 2 weeks.
- Brewers: 3 more at Miami and then 3 at St. Louis, followed by 3 at home vs. Atlanta. These are the games which will probably determine the Brewers' fate in remaining a contender.
- Phillies: 2 more at Cincinnati, then 6 straight at home vs. Colorado & Miami. Again, taking 2 of 3 from the Reds will be huge. Thinking of Live Blogging while in attendance this Friday vs. Colroado, pictures an' all. I fully anticipate you all breaking Friday night plans to tune in.